gcc-mips and ncurses and Gnu Scientific Library

Delbert Franz ddf at iqdotdt.com
Mon Dec 20 23:15:19 EST 2010

On Monday 20 December 2010, Delbert Franz wrote:

    <snip>
> ...  I tried a few of them and they worked.  One problem
> was that the borders of windows are drawn with the wrong characters.
> The horizontal lines are drawn with what looks like an "A"
> with a tilde on top.  The vertical lines are drawn with what looks
> like a digit 3 but is not quite that shape.  Some key code table is
> incorrect somewhere:) The corners are wrong also but my font is too
> small for me to identify what is appearing:)

   <snip>

Solved one part of my problem.  As expected, ncurses is a bit
complex:)  Characters are wrong for various reasons.  In this
case, the font I was using, 5x8.psf, does not have the line
drawing characters expected.  I found this out by running
the "other_borders" demo program which displayed a window with
borders made up of +, - and |--not as neat but it worked.

I tried the window demo programs using the default font on
the Ben and the windows were drawn correctly.  However, that
results in a screen size too small to show some key parts
of the demos-- win some and lose some:)    Not sure if I
can find a 5x8 terminal font that does contain the line
drawing characters.

The problems with shared libraries are currently unsolved.

                        Delbert