OpenWrt Image Release: 2010-12-14

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Dec 21 03:30:44 EST 2010

> *) fbterm (60 seconds) and byubo (20 seconds) have very slow
> first-time load times - after first time is OK

Some fontconfig stuff makes fbterm scan fonts on first boot?  I compiled
fbterm myself for the config.minimal image with only unifont font
package.  This version was quicker and also the font looked nicer, IMO
(see the emacs chinese input screenshots).

> *) aewan should launch into a color font, not the nanonote-specific
> monochrome font -- BTW: ascii art is awesome, we should include some
> free ascii art -- libraries, or even ascii art videos! Does that
> exist?

I noticed that the foreground terminals Ctr+Alt+F2 etc now properly
support color (so what's the problem with aewan?)  AFAIR the previous
(november) image did not have color on the linux consoles, so that's a
great plus for me.

We lost however the first console Ctrl+Alt+F1, due to how gmenu2x is
started.  I'd like to have that one back!

> *) NanoNote default wallpaper says 'open', but should say 'free' *) I
> was looking in vain for netsurf, emacs. Next time maybe :-)

Emacs got in there, albeit a very early version of the package that has
some bugs already fixed in the git repo.

David