Making feeds.conf refer to fixed revisions

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Wed Dec 22 16:23:22 EST 2010

> Hey, any reason not to continue with branching the actual releases?
> Like it was done with the previous release; I created branches named
> "release_2010-11-17" of openwrt-xburst and openwrt-packages, so the
> the tree got fixed.

But you did not branch all the stuff externally referenced via
feeds.conf?  That's the real culprit here.  Whenever upstream openwrt
changes one of the packages, our images may suddenly fail building.

Other than that, I'm not that much int git.  If you start making it even
more difficult than it is now, by introducing branches, you may overflow
the number of neurons people like me can allocate to nanonote
development :)

cheers,

David