Possible bug with hostname lookup

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Wed Dec 22 16:27:33 EST 2010

> by the way.  package/base-files/files/etc/hosts: is not the right
> place for nanonote special changes. it's for all devices in OpenWrt.

Yeah realized that, and reverted my change.

> we should put this kind change to:
> target/linux/xburst/base-files/etc/hosts since it works in
> config.full_system, config.minimal, config.*

> when the changes only works in config.full_system, we put the changes
> to: data/qi_lb60/files/etc/ (ONLY when it no belong to any package)

I think then inittab would be a candidate to go into qi_lb60/files/etc.
Currently the config.minimal image continously tries to launch gmenu2x,
logging its errors to the first console.

> "git pull -r" is always better I think, it's make your commit on the
> top of history and reduce the "merge" commit.

Usually I think of that (have a 'git up' alias for that), but then if
the tools gives me the option to mess up, I will eventually mess it up
:)

I miss the simplicity of svn :)

cheers,

David