How to use OpenWrt-SDK and port application to NanoNote
xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sun Dec 26 04:48:42 EST 2010
recently I switch to OpenWrt-SDK for port applicaitons. then I write down the steps
how to port applicaiton in OpenWrt-SDK, I found it's much easy then delvelop in openwrt-xburst.git :)
1. wget http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/latest/OpenWrt-SDK-xburst-for-Linux-x86_64-gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1.tar.bz2
2. make symbolic name "/home/xiangfu/openwrt-xburst.full_system" to your SDK folder.
this is my fault, the SDK is build in our build-host, I use this dir for compile the SDK,
next time I think we should change it to "/opt/openwrt/"
3. there is a folder name 'package' under OpenWrt-SDK, For each package you want to create,
you'll have to create a sub-folder in 'OpenWrt-SDK/package' with the same name as the package you want to create.
And in this directory, create a Makefile explaining how to build it.
5. here is one example Makefile which is for '4th', there are more comment in this makefile.
6. compile the package in OpenWrt-SDK:
make V=99 or
make package/PACKAGE_NAME/compile V=99
The V=99 option output more verbose, we can easily figure out what happened.
7. the OpenWrt workflow is like:
1. downloads origin source code to 'dl'
2. extra to build_dir/target-mipsel.../PAKCAGE_NAME-PAKCAGE_VERSION
3. apply the patches in package/PACKAGE_NAME/patches/*
which those patches is create by you. which is fix compile error for OpenWrt or for NanoNOte
4. configure, make, make install.
5. generate the PACKAGE_NAME.ipg under 'bin/xburst/packages/'
8. more info
building packages : http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/docs/openwrt.html#x1-380002.1.2
Creating packages : http://kamikaze.openwrt.org/docs/openwrt.html#x1-460002.1.2
(I will update this wiki http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Porting_programs later)
by the way:
the following 20 packages in openwrt-packages are still marked @BROKEN:
does anybody want to help fixing them? feedback and priorities welcome, otherwise I pick what I like. :)
-- Qi RSS feed, http://en.qi-hardware.com/feed/rss20.xml --
More information about the discussion