How to use OpenWrt-SDK and port application to NanoNote

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sun Dec 26 04:48:42 EST 2010

Hi

recently I switch to OpenWrt-SDK for port applicaitons. then I write down the steps
how to port applicaiton in OpenWrt-SDK, I found it's much easy then delvelop in openwrt-xburst.git :)

1. wget http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/latest/OpenWrt-SDK-xburst-for-Linux-x86_64-gcc-4.3.3+cs_uClibc-0.9.30.1.tar.bz2

2. make symbolic name "/home/xiangfu/openwrt-xburst.full_system" to your SDK folder.
    this is my fault, the SDK is build in our  build-host, I use this dir for compile the SDK,
    next time I think we should change it to "/opt/openwrt/"

3. there is a folder name 'package' under OpenWrt-SDK, For each package you want to create,
   you'll have to create a sub-folder in 'OpenWrt-SDK/package' with the same name as the package you want to create.
   And in this directory, create a Makefile explaining how to build it.

5. here is one example Makefile which is for '4th', there are more comment in this makefile.
   http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-packages/source/tree/master/4th/Makefile

6. compile the package in OpenWrt-SDK:
    make V=99 or
    make package/PACKAGE_NAME/compile V=99
   The V=99 option output more verbose, we can easily figure out what happened.

7. the OpenWrt workflow is like:
make package/PACKAGE_NAME/compile
  1. downloads origin source code to 'dl'
  2. extra to build_dir/target-mipsel.../PAKCAGE_NAME-PAKCAGE_VERSION
  3. apply the patches in  package/PACKAGE_NAME/patches/*
     which those patches is create by you. which is fix compile error for OpenWrt or for NanoNOte
  4. configure, make, make install.
  5. generate the PACKAGE_NAME.ipg under 'bin/xburst/packages/'

8. more info
   building packages : http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/docs/openwrt.html#x1-380002.1.2
   Creating packages : http://kamikaze.openwrt.org/docs/openwrt.html#x1-460002.1.2
   	    	       http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/devel/packages

(I will update this wiki http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Porting_programs later)

---------------
by the way:
the following 20 packages in openwrt-packages are still marked @BROKEN:
    4th
    bwbasic
    dfbmp
    dfbsee
    gmenu2x
    gmenu2x
    gnugo
    kinyin
    libgnome-vfs
    mandoc
    mlterm
    myserver
    plucker
    pmars
    pyneod
    python-pyneo
    robots
    sarien
    scummvm
    tunec
    yacas
    zhcon
does anybody want to help fixing them? feedback and priorities welcome, otherwise I pick what I like. :)

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu