Some Questions on the SIE Xburst-FPGA Interface

Andres Mauricio Asprilla Valdes amasprillav at unal.edu.co
Mon Dec 27 15:46:01 EST 2010

Hi Cristian. I think this can help you. I implemented an UART interface in the  SIE FPGA and I did the linux driver to read and write data to a chip that managed a capacitive keyboard See http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Teclado_Capacitivo for reference. The data is send at 9600 baud with 8 data bits and 1 stop bit. You can see how I read the data and send it to the kernel space that recognised that UART as /dev/ttyFPGA.

The files are located in http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/nn-usb-fpga/source/tree/master/UART. I used it when I was in the embedded system course. And it uses the IRQ_F pin to attend the interruption request when the UART module in the FPGA receives a data from RxD pin. Here in the logic folder you can see the HW implementation and in the src folder you can see the Linux driver.

I hope that it helps a lot for your project!

Message: 2