text to speech on Ben

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 06:06:56 EST 2010

> I think it would be worthwhile to try and get any or many text to
> speech systems running on the Nanonote. Any of the following (for
> starters) E-speak Festival

> I have a feeling someone will port these before I have enough skill to
> .

I thought about porting Emacspeak to the nanonote.  This is designed to
make Emacs accassible to blind people, and as Emacs can do about
anything you want to do (other than editing, it can open shells, read
mail, copy files around etc.), it's pretty limitless.

Emacsspeak can use a number of speach synthesis backends, one of them
being EFLite, a stripped down version of Festival.  English language
only, but maybe light enough to work on the NanoNote's limited
resources.

David