More software development on the Ben: static linking works but shared linking fails--still!

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 08:47:18 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 07:01:59PM -0800, Delbert Franz wrote:
> I have spent some more time (way too much) on sorting out why it is
> not possible to create a shared library or executable on the Ben using
> the native GCC and related tools.  I reported this on 20 December so
> this is an update to my E-mail on that date:

I do not know which distribution you use, but for development using the
Nanonote I would advice to use Debian or Jlime. Both have the whole
GNU compiler collection and more libraries and packages for development
(headers, etc). So you just would need to install the system, boot, install
the development packages and enjoy.

Rafa