shipping devices with battery via HK DHL

Yi Zhang yi at sharism.cc
Wed Feb 3 04:45:22 EST 2010

Hi,

Some of you may be interested in knowing the information regarding
shipping electronic devices with battery via (HK) DHL.

I have called HK DHL and they told me that they have stricter rules
starting from Jan 1, 2010 regarding shipments with batteries [1]. A
MSDS (material safety data sheet) from battery manufacturer and a
Battery Safety Declaration Letter from the device manufacturer are
needed.

As for FedEx, they said we need to fill out a special form, no
requirements on formal documents for now.

Hope this is useful to you.
Yi