Nanonote as console considered useful

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Thu Feb 4 08:34:18 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Ron K. Jeffries <rjeffries at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nanonote even w/o WiFi would make a clever console
> for controlling these gadgets. Can we do it EASILY
> without host mode on USB? (displaying my ignorance)

I would also be interested in this, but I would think it would
defiantly be possible via the TTL UART and a TTL <-> Serial cable.

However it would not pretty without someone producing a nicer way to
use the UART than shown at
http://wiki.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Serial_console (via a case mod or
addition).

I've been thinking of other ways that the TTL UART could be used; my
current thoughts are here:
http://wiki.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Talk:Serial_console

Could anyone tell us the dimensions of the Ben Nanonote battery?

> Nanonote connected to a network will be a great
> Twitter or http://identi.ca or IM display port.

I agree; the above talk link lists 3rd party modules that can provide
Bluetooth, Wifi and Zigbee communications via a TTL line serial
interface, with little in the way of additional electronics as far as
I can tell (but IANAEE :-)

Happy Hacking,
--
Daniel JB Clark | Free Software Activist | http://pobox.com/~dclark