Ben as usb keyboard?

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 10:46:14 EST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:42:21PM +0100, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
> Hi another though from total ingnorance
>  I was thinking about if Ben has usb device, can simulate to be an usb keyboard?

Yes, these sort of things should be pretty easy, if you know how a USB
HID works (there's a public spec).  It's similar to the "ben as a
sniffing usb sound card" idea I had some time ago. :-)

Ben can claim to be any USB device you want.  It may also be useful to
make it a mass storage device, for example, to allow moving data to and
from it with any OS.

Thanks,
Bas