IRIS status

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:42:45 EST 2010

Hi Bas

> If you can give some details about what you want to do, I can see if
> there are things that Iris is not capable of.

SAKC board will be used in two modes:

1. The same Linux Distro running on Nano. So we can map external peripherals
on FPGA an d using FPGA internal memory as FIFOS, so we don't need overload
the main processor.

2. Using a small OS like eCos or IRIS, with a small footprint and running an
specific application.

for the second mode I want to connect some external digital / Analog signals
(From ADCs) as control signals, then the CPU make some process.

Can we use IRIS for this?
IRIS support the LCD, audio codec, I2C port, UART?

Carlos

Best Regards

> Thanks,
> Bas