IRIS status

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Mon Feb 15 16:52:12 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 02:42:45PM -0500, Carlos Camargo wrote:
> 2. Using a small OS like eCos or IRIS, with a small footprint and running an
> specific application.
>
> for the second mode I want to connect some external digital / Analog signals
> (From ADCs) as control signals, then the CPU make some process.
>

> Can we use IRIS for this?
> IRIS support the LCD, audio codec, I2C port, UART?

There is currently a driver for the LCD, but only with a framebuffer (no
window system).  UART has kernel output on it (if switched on); it is
trivial to turn it into a driver.  I2C currently has no driver, but it
seems that that shouldn't be very hard.  Audio currently has no driver,
and that may be quite a task, but it must be done for the Ben anyway.

There's currently only support to boot from usb, but I want to add a
nand driver as well.

All in all, there's some work to do before it does what you want.
Depending on how much time you have, this may or may not be a problem.

Thanks,
Bas