Booting in the dark

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Fri Feb 19 17:35:46 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Gerald A <geraldablists at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I personally understand and can read the text boot screens, end users
> don't like them, and we shouldn't impose our likes on them.

Silly idea: how about using some variety of data hiding technique /
dynamic stenography that would just look pretty to nontechnical users,
but allow the retrieval of boot messages in a hang situation (by
taking a picture of the screen and feeding that to some program)?

Not saying anyone should actually spend time on this, but perhaps it'd
be fun to someone.

Praying to the FSM for his Bens to be released from Customs purgatory,
--
Daniel JB Clark | Free Software Activist | http://pobox.com/~dclark