Booting in the dark

Zeartul zeartul at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 04:39:34 EST 2010

+1 for Kristoffer's idea.

We have a similar solution in the Dingoo A320's linux distribution -
Dingux. Small logo that takes just maybe 1/5 of the screen.
According to the download rate, we have a community of about 1.000-2.000 users.
For most of them that was the first time they were faced with linux.
Over the several months of Dingux existence we got only a single
complain about the bootscreen.
Moreover, there were people who liked the boot log so much, they
decided to switch from the graphical user interface to a bash script
menu for launching the games to still stay in the text mode after the
booting.

And I don't think "matrix screens" scare the people, because they
still see bios and bootloader logs when they turn on their PCs, so
they should be used to them.

A small qi logo should be all we need.