Console fonts (for people with good eyesight?)

James Haggerty james.haggerty at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:58:52 EST 2010

Hi all,

Slightly puzzled as to why loadfont and friends aren't enabled in the
standard distribution, since it's rather nice to change the console
font so one can fit a bit more in. This is presumably a hangover from
openwrt's router focus. I'd suggest it's a useful enhancement for the
next image (along with fixed sound?).

This is as simple as recompiling busybox with the appropriate options
enabled. If anyone would like to play with fonts now without
recompiling, I've uploaded an updated busybox package (and a kbd
package, from before I realised busybox had this functionality):

http://ouga.mine.nu/jamesh/xburst/

Unfortunately, for some reason setfont always fails with the message:
setfont: KDFONTOP: Invalid argument
but loadfont works perfectly (as does setfont in the kbd package).