Boot Error after flashing (Wrong Image Format for bootm command)

Klaus Fuerth Klaus.Fuerth at gmx.de
Wed Feb 24 08:52:41 EST 2010

Hi Wolfgang!

on 2010-02-24 Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Did you flash another image in between?
Yes. I flashed my self-compiled openwrt image, but I didn't do it well
so it won't run. Something with my openwrt Configuration might be wrong.
So I wanted to go back to the current image...

> If you successfully flashed the Nano with a particular USB cable before,
> then it should always continue to work.

Ok.

> Another thing to try - disconnect your Nano, unplug the battery, leave it
> totally without power for a minute or so, even several minutes. Then try
> usbboot again.

Done that. It was without battery the whole night...

> When you boot the device, does the kernel still load and run correctly?
No. Booting stops with an error message of the bootloader (see below
cite from my first mail).

> Not sure this makes you feel better - but I am 99.999% sure your NanoNote has
> no hardware problem. It's just that our reflashing documentation, scripts and
> tools are not yet as good as we hope they will be soon.

That makes me feel a lot better :-)

I'll try the tip Lars-Peter give in his answer.

Thank you!

Klaus