Boot Error after flashing (Wrong Image Format for bootm command) -- SOLVED

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:55:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> One more to the clean and clear build image procedure campaign :)
> Klaus devels are now focused on the launch of the next release (audio
> bug fixed+graphical interface+freecontents).
> I guess when the can up his head from code and breath a little will
> work on plain the way on building it from scratch.
> If meanwhile someone comes with a procedure to build a working image
> step by step will be greatly apreciated :P

Hmmm, when you reflash, does it blow away uboot as well, or do you
have to use a separate flashing step to reflash uboot (actually, is
uboot used?).

There might not be enough space in the on-board flash, but an approach
we use in our products is to have two flash images, and we always
overwrite the one we did not boot from, and if booting an image fails,
we fall back to the other one.

> Regards :)
> 2010/2/24 Klaus Fuerth <Klaus.Fuerth at gmx.de>:
>> Hi!
>>
>> on 2010-02-24 Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Could you try what David suggest while having set NAND_FORCEERASE=1 in
>>> your /usr/local/etc/xburst-tools/usbboot.cfg
>>>

>> Done. That solved my problem, the device boots again! :-) :-)
>>
>> Thank you all very much for helping me out and getting a working device
>> again! :-)
>>
>> So what do you think cause this problem:
>> * the sectors maked as bad in NAND (would be bad, because that could happen)
>> or
>> * the rest of my test-installation with wrong Images (formats, what ever)?
>>
>> I would like to build the openwrt-image again (and hopfully it will run next
>> time) to add some ported software (maybe I begin from scatch downloading
>> openwrt to be shure no errors are at my build environment).
>>
>> Looking forward to your next images....
>>

>> Klaus (very happy again with a working Ben ;-) )

> --
> David Reyes Samblas Martinez
> http://www.tuxbrain.com
> Open ultraportable & embedded solutions