Certificates

Yi Zhang yi at sharism.cc
Thu Feb 25 09:56:54 EST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-2-23, at 上午6:05, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:

> So just to clarify my understanding of CE and FCC:
>
> The CE marking (also known as CE mark) is a mandatory conformity mark
> on many products placed on the single market in the European Economic
> Area (EEA). The CE marking certifies that a product has met EU
> consumer safety, health or environmental requirements. CE stands for
> Conformité Européenne, "European conformity" in French.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_mark
>
> The FCC works towards six goals in the areas of broadband,
> competition, the spectrum, the media, public safety and homeland
> security, and modernizing the FCC.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC
>
> This is certification needed for Europeen country product and USA
> product shipping and sale?!

Yes, CE is required for selling electronic products in EU and FCC is
required for selling electronic product in USA

> SIEMIC Laboratories have tested to certify that the device is
> qualified to respect those standard?!

Yes, first we sent necessary documents, such as specifications, and
our devices (we sent 2), also all accessories, such as USB cable
etc., then SIEMIC [1] based on the specification and usage of our
device tested all related regulations and also assisted us to fix any
problems that do not compliant with those regulations. These fixes
may need of replacing / adding the components or even redesign part
of the board. In our case, we did replace and add some components to
compliant with CE and FCC standards. See test reports at [2] and [3].

> So how do you determine which standard you need to certify the
> device for?
> ex: EN55022:2006+A1:2007, EN55024:1998+A1:2001+A2:2003

Bases on the technical specification, critical components list for
safety [4], and usage of the device, SIEMIC determines what needed to
be tested.

Hope this helps you to understand more on CE and FCC for Ben
NanoNote. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Yi

[1] http://www.siemic.com/Pages/CompanyOverview.htm
[2] http://en.qi-hardware.com/images/7/7f/902535-2-CE-Report.pdf
[3] http://en.qi-hardware.com/images/c/c0/902535-3-FCC-Report.pdf
[4] http://en.qi-hardware.com/images/3/38/
Ben_nn_critical_components_list_for_safety.pdf