[Company] Weekly Update 7 and 8/2010

Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau maxposedon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:56:23 EST 2010

On 2/25/10, Yi Zhang <yi at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Hi Maksim,
>
> Thanks for your pointer. We will look for more shipping options for
> special cases. I don't think there's USPS in Hong Kong, but there's
>  . I will try to see what kind of services they may
> provide for us. What other couriers do you normally use in Belarus?
> Maybe I can check the availability of the ones you used and found
> reliable in the past.

Hi,

Here, in Belarus, (I think its also true for Russian, and may be true
to whole exUSSR, and may be some others countries), all "private mail
delivery services" (FedEx, UPS, etc) haven't their own offices and
employes, and belarussion mail system doesn't deliver packages from
organizations which aren't in UPU (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Postal_Union ). But no any
problems with delivering via UPU - e.g. Hong Kong Post in UPU - no
problems with delivering.

EMS ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_mail ) is UPU "fast"
variant, more reliable than regular mails and much faster. (Regular
mail from China for example can comes in 40 days - don't ask me why it
takes so long). As I see EMS available near worldwide (including Hong
Kong, Belarus, Russian, etc), and can use regular UPU as fallback,
which makes EMS worldwide service.

So, I would like ask EMS delivery, and some qi customers would like it
too also. (far delivery can double, even triple nanonote price, and
make it not interesting for people). And EMS itself is a mail. While
FedEx is just custom delivery corporation - some countries have
problem with it.

As for tracking numbers - of course its user friendly, but here (on
Belarus territory) its just doesn't work - so I haven't this feature
fully functional anyway, doesn't matter which mail delivery method
used.

Maksim