some thoughts on SAKC

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 15:09:40 EST 2010

To the extent that SAKC is used WITH a Nanonote, it could
easily be used as an extension to host computer.

Having said that, I think the idea Carlos has floated of
implementing an interface from SAKC to emulate
SDIO is *very interesting* because I can see that
being a very high bandwidth connection from
Nanonote to SAKC with the two physically side by side
to enable SAKC to "plug in" to Nanonote.

Even though SAKC will have an Xburst SOC, it does
not require a great deal of imagination to think of
interesting configurations where Nanonote does
background activitiies, and tells SAKC what it wants
done, and also does additional processing to
data pulled from SAKC that would otherwise
big down the SAKC CPU.

Having an Xburst SOC on SAKC drives it's cost
up by maybe $6. That's easily worth it.

Let's let Carlos and his talented team do their thing.
Others may wish to invest their time and energy
elsewhere. And that's OK. ;)

In any case. let's not make the mistake of attempting
to design SAKC by commitee.

---
Ron K. Jeffries
http://ronkjeffries.posterous.com