Reflashing questions ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 18:48:16 EST 2010

Hi,

I notice that these are the commands used in the reflashing script:

   log "erase nand rootfs partition..."
   usbboot -c "boot;nerase 16 1008 0 0"
   log "flashing bootloader..."
   usbboot -c "nprog 0 ${WORKING_DIR}/${LOADER} 0 0 -n" >> "${LOG_FILE}"
   log "flashing kernel..."
   usbboot -c "nprog 1024 ${WORKING_DIR}/${KERNEL} 0 0 -n" >> "${LOG_FILE}"
   log "flashing rootfs..."
   usbboot -c "nprog 2048 ${WORKING_DIR}/${ROOTFS} 0 0 -n" >> "${LOG_FILE}"
   log "done"

It might be useful to check the return code from each usbboot step and
abort the script if an error occurs.

What I would like to know is what the actual memory layout is for
flash? It looks like uboot is placed at offset 0, the kernel boot
image at 1MB and the rootfs at 2MB, but those numbers seem wrong
because a quick look at the files flashed suggest that the compressed
kernel is around 1.7MB.

Also, I would rather simply reflash the kernel or the rootfs ... what
actual usbboot -c erase and nprog statements do I need to use?

Regards,
Richard Sharpe