Some feedback on How to Reflash

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:00:16 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM, James Haggerty
>> <james.haggerty at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Richard,
>>>
>>> The wiki is editable by anyone as long as you've registered an account:
>>
>> So it is. I have done a bunch of minor edits, but now I cannot
>> understand why the page suggests that you download and install xburst
>> tools, and then delete them immediately afterwards ...
>>
> Hi Richard
> I write that uninstall xburst-tools.just want people know how to uninstall
> the bin tarball xburst-tools. :-)

OK, now I understand. I might move that section to the Notes section
at the end, so that people reading it don't think they have to perform
that step (and thus not be able to reflash because they have blown the
reflashing tools away :-)

> I edited this page a little, rename the  "downloads" to "xburst-tools".
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/How_to_reflash.
>
> thanks for advice.

No problems.

Reflashing a device can be a frightening experience, and I want it to
be very clear to people what to do. Once I have done it once I will
probably add a copy of the session with a [verbatim] section or
something so people can see what to expect.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe