Javi's SDIO ks7010 wifi support patch

Javi Roman javiroman at kernel-labs.org
Tue Jan 5 09:16:01 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars at metafoo.de> wrote:

> Javi Roman wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars at metafoo.de> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I got my ks7010 last week and today finally had the time to play with it.
>>> I could also reproduce your problem with CAPS_SDIO_IRQ set and fix it.
>>> I would like to integrate the source into the qi-hardware openwrt tree.
>>> Do you have any uncommited changes which you think should be included?
>>>

>> I had tested hte ks7010 with your last jz_mmc commit and I had got
>> different problems, everything is working fine right now? great!
>>
>> I dont have any special changes in the driver, the hard work was
>> integrated it in the mmc host driver, the ks7010 driver works fine
>> fixing the mmc host driver issues. If you have the ks7010_sdio code
>> ready for the kernel tree, go ahead please.
>>
>> Regards.
> Hi
>
> I've just committed the driver as a kernel module package into the
> openwrt-xburst tree.[1]
> For now I've included the source in the package but since the driver
> is neither nanonote nor OpenWrt specific it would probably make sense
> to create an external repository where the driver can be maintained
> and cleaned up.
>
> What's your plan regarding further work on the driver and are you
> interested in maintaining it?
>
> - - Lars

Great!

I don't have special plans about this driver.

Probably would be interesting to maintain it in an external project,
as you have said. Someone has just thought about it [1]. Anyway I
would prefer to use qi-hardware resources for it.

However, I would like to clean the code and probably a possible
inclusion in the Linux Driver Project [2]. The main problem is the
lack of datasheet or specification from the chip vendor, so we can not
get the whole driver under control without a hard work.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/ks7010/
[2] http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/foswiki/bin/view

--
Javi Roman