Javi's SDIO ks7010 wifi support patch

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Wed Jan 6 01:03:15 EST 2010

Javi Roman wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Lars-Peter Clausen <lars at metafoo.de> wrote:
>>
>> Javi Roman wrote:

>>> I had tested hte ks7010 with your last jz_mmc commit and I had got
>>> different problems, everything is working fine right now? great!
>>>
>>> I dont have any special changes in the driver, the hard work was
>>> integrated it in the mmc host driver, the ks7010 driver works fine
>>> fixing the mmc host driver issues. If you have the ks7010_sdio code
>>> ready for the kernel tree, go ahead please.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just committed the driver as a kernel module package into the
>> openwrt-xburst tree.[1]
>> For now I've included the source in the package but since the driver
>> is neither nanonote nor OpenWrt specific it would probably make sense
>> to create an external repository where the driver can be maintained
>> and cleaned up.
>>
>> What's your plan regarding further work on the driver and are you
>> interested in maintaining it?
>>
>> - - Lars

Hi
> Great!
>
> I don't have special plans about this driver.
>
> Probably would be interesting to maintain it in an external project,
> as you have said.
Great :)
> Someone has just thought about it [1].
Well that Project exists since about 4 months now and apparently
nothing has been committed so far. (At least I can't find anything).
So I would put to much hope into it. But it might be worthwhile to
contact the projects manager and ask if he still interested into it.

> Anyway I would prefer to use qi-hardware resources for it.
Just tell me when you've set up a repo, I'll will adjust the package
then to grab it's sources from there

> However, I would like to clean the code and probably a possible
> inclusion in the Linux Driver Project [2]. The main problem is the
> lack of datasheet or specification from the chip vendor, so we can not
> get the whole driver under control without a hard work.
Yes. I agree lack of documentation is a serious issue. Wondering if
Wolfgang could do some magic here.
Still there is some stuff that could be cleanup or rewritten now.
We'll probably just won't have any clues if something suddenly stops
working although it 'should' not and have to revert the last change
and try a different aproch...

- - Lars