FOSDEM

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Fri Jan 8 20:36:47 EST 2010

Bas,

> Anyway, if you want talks for nanonote-related things for the embedded
> devroom, I could give a talk about Iris.

Yes that would be cool! Thanks a lot!

> I'd probably make the talk about writing an operating system in general,
> with some specifics about capabilities, and what they mean for the user.
> Obviously there will be a demonstration of Iris running on a Ben. :-)

Don't worry, you don't need to promote/push Ben all the time. We love your
project, focus should be on your project. If you demo it on a Ben even better!

> If this is what you mean, and you want me to give the talk, I'd like to
> know what you need from me, and how long the talk should be.  Also, I'd
> like to know what people on this list want to hear about Iris, so I can
> make the talk more interesting. :-)

The #1 thing about Iris in my mind is that it's small.
But I guess you should just make your focus on the capabilities because
that seems to be the main differentiator. I would want to hear something
I don't know yet, cannot tell you more than that... :-)

Wolfgang