FOSDEM

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Sat Jan 9 04:07:02 EST 2010

Hi all,
that is good.

I will also be at FOSDEM (on Sunday I will give a talk about
experiences with GNUstep on Freerunner):

	http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2010#Schedule

Since I have been several times at FOSDEM, I can give some support.

Am 09.01.2010 um 00:59 schrieb David Reyes Samblas Martinez:

> 2010/1/8 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>:
>> David,
>> oh nice. So what are all the things we need now in preparation for
>> FOSDEM?
>> I create a wiki page
>> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/FOSDEM_2010
> Page updated with requirements and relevant info
>>
>> 1. Lightning talk
>> Do you have an exact day/time now? How long is the talk? We need a
>> presentation
>> to project during the talk?
> see wiki but the answer is yes Saturday 15:00, and yes we need it

You can do whatever you want, but people usually expect a presentation
+ a demo. YOu can have one or more presenters.

You can use the chalkboard or a Notebook + Beamer (don't forget your
VGA adapters!). Once I had brought my Video Cam and connected to the
beamer to show content of a small Sharp Zaurus display.

It is like a seminar at a University. But without professor&exam :)

>> 2. What do you mean with 'more long speech'?
> 1h max.

Leave some room for Q&A

>> Do we have a table or some place to stay in the Mobile & Embedded
>> devroom?
> pictures on how a devroom looks like in the wiki page
>> I have never been at FOSDEM so I'm not very familiar with the setup
>> and
>> procedures.
> Me either

Since it is a shared room full of presentations, the organizer is
quite keen to have the swapping time short. So just go to the
presentation before yours and prepare to switch your PC in the break.

BTW, I had tried to attend the Openmoko presentation by Sean some time
ago. But the room was completely overfilled so they didn't let more
people go in.

	http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/events/embedded_openmoko

>> I suggest you just write all you need onto the wiki page, then we
>> try to fill
>> it in with some meaningful content... :-)
> Let's go for it
>> Wolfgang

Let's meet there in person.

Nikolaus