FOSDEM

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Jan 9 19:18:10 EST 2010

Cool :) this will will help us a lot

2010/1/9 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at computer.org>:
> Hi all,
> that is good.
>
> I will also be at FOSDEM (on Sunday I will give a talk about experiences
> with GNUstep on Freerunner):
>
>        http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2010#Schedule
>
> Since I have been several times at FOSDEM, I can give some support.
>
> Am 09.01.2010 um 00:59 schrieb David Reyes Samblas Martinez:
>
>> 2010/1/8 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>:
>>>
>>> David,
>>> oh nice. So what are all the things we need now in preparation for
>>> FOSDEM?
>>> I create a wiki page
>>> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/FOSDEM_2010
>>
>> Page updated with requirements and relevant info
>>>
>>> 1. Lightning talk
>>> Do you have an exact day/time now? How long is the talk? We need a
>>> presentation
>>> to project during the talk?
>>
>> see wiki but the answer is yes Saturday 15:00, and yes we need it
>
> You can do whatever you want, but people usually expect a presentation + a
> demo. YOu can have one or more presenters.
Ok then I suggest for the "main" talk , Intro by Jon explaining the Qi
vs Shanzhai, (How many time you need Jon) , link as exposed by Jon
Mirko can start talk about Qi hardware and ending with a demo of Ben
NanoNote as real example of all the exposed before.

> You can use the chalkboard or a Notebook + Beamer (don't forget your VGA
> adapters!). Once I had brought my Video Cam and connected to the beamer to
> show content of a small Sharp Zaurus display.
Cool I can bring my own cam for the nanonote demo, Nikolauss you know
if beamer has SVideo or Composite in? if not I could try to borrow a
Analogic  to VGA adapter but no promises.

> It is like a seminar at a University. But without professor&exam :)
>

>>> 2. What do you mean with 'more long speech'?
>>
>> 1h max.
>
> Leave some room for Q&A
So 45 max with 15 mins to Q&A will make sense?

>>> Do we have a table or some place to stay in the Mobile & Embedded
>>> devroom?
>>
>> pictures on how a devroom looks like in the wiki page
>>>
>>> I have never been at FOSDEM so I'm not very familiar with the setup and
>>> procedures.
>>
>> Me either
>
> Since it is a shared room full of presentations, the organizer is quite keen
> to have the swapping time short. So just go to the presentation before yours
> and prepare to switch your PC in the break.
>
> BTW, I had tried to attend the Openmoko presentation by Sean some time ago.
> But the room was completely overfilled so they didn't let more people go in.
>
>        http://archive.fosdem.org/2007/schedule/events/embedded_openmoko

Hehehe I will love this happens again with our speach ;)