FOSDEM

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Sat Jan 9 20:55:57 EST 2010

2010/1/9 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>:
> Jon,
> where are the slides for your presentation? URL?
> Let's do the planning for FOSDEM on the wiki page
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/FOSDEM_2010
> I added a link to your mail at the bottom of the page.
>
> So I think so far we have:
>
> 1. Tuxbrain, the coolest and most credible open hardware shop in Europe [David & Victor]
I'm blushing,man :P
> 2. Ben NanoNote, our product
at least will be present in lightning talk, two(maybe three?) speaches
on the Dev room, product will be also in Wim Vandeputte (kd85.com)
stand of Reprap/Makerbot along with OM FR and WR. Also we can do some
flyers and posters to put there.
give us some promoting material(pictures, grapical guiadance,
whatever, and Victor can do a quick & dirty proposals of it)
> 3. Iris, capability microkernel, demoed on Ben [Bas Wijnen]
Bas need estimated time and a brief description, a little about your
bio  and if you agree on te title proposed by Wolfgang (sorry to be so
bossy but we have to send it to Philippe tomorrow) we can work on
details later.
> 4. Qi vs Shanzhai [Jon Phillips]
Need confirmation on Mirko aviability on doing a Nanonote
presentation/demo and time need

> David - since you will be there for sure and the key person, do you want
> to organize/prioritize these things and develop some kind of flow so
> it makes sense?
-Prioritary is to send information to Philippe he is on a rush due
FOSDEM timelines,
please fill the gaps or modify whatever you consider

Speech #1
Title:Shanzhai vs Qi Inside
Speaker:Jon Phillips
Speaker's Bio:?????<-(yes this is a gap :P)
Time:45mins+15mins Q&A
Shanzhai VS. Qi Inside investigates the Shanzhai technology culture in
China, analyzes its positive and negative aspects, and announces a new
legal approach to build off the best parts of Shanzhai technology.
This approach uses a mixture of Creative Commons licensing for
hardware plans, Free Software licensing for software used to run the
hardware, and open patents for the novel technological innovations. Do
 you have Qi Inside your hardware?

Speach #2
Title:????Whatever Nanonote whatever????<-(Same title as lightning talk?)
Speaker:????<-(Mirko?)
Speaker Bio:????
Time:???

Speach #3
Title:Iris, capability of microkernel OS
Speaker:Bas Wijnen
Speaker BIo:???
Time:???

Speach 1 and 2 has to be one after the other, the 3 would be cool if
will be few speach after those one or better on a different day to
cover more audience but not reallly mandatory

-Then the lighning talk, this what will remain after FOSDEM ends in a
pretty video in Fosdem archives forever and ever, due speaker is not
the most brilliant speaker out there a clear message and good slide
support is mandatory in those 15 minutes.
If I don't recive any proposal I will start from zero one , sure most
of this work can be shared with presentation #2

-Working on the rest of the dev room speachs on the wiki/list, John's
one seems pretty solid and seems John  has practice it some times
before so concentrate in create the #2 and help Bas in his
presentation

-And less prioritary but will be a great marketing reinforcement ,
flyers & posters for Wim stand, is clear a Ben with DOOM in demo mode
will be o that table :P

I think is enough work for less than a month don't you agree?
> Who leads our FOSDEM effort?
Due was my idea to be there and as "EU representative" :P  I will try
to do my best to coordinate Ben presence on FOSDEM , but this is my
first time so cross your fingers a pray your gods if any , because we
are jumping from a 15 min talk to a full event mkt campaign with less
than a month schedule and with a product launching in progress...
yuuuhuuuu!!!