FOSDEM

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Jan 9 21:50:08 EST 2010

David,

> Due was my idea to be there and as "EU representative" :P  I will try
> to do my best to coordinate Ben presence on FOSDEM , but this is my
> first time so cross your fingers a pray your gods if any , because we
> are jumping from a 15 min talk to a full event mkt campaign with less
> than a month schedule and with a product launching in progress...

OK this one is important. You are our benevolent dictator for FOSDEM
activities. Please clearly tell me and others what to do, at this point
I have lost track over all the different things already.

What do I need to do now?

> give us some promoting material(pictures, grapical guiadance,
> whatever, and Victor can do a quick & dirty proposals of it)

Probably Mirko will provide this?

> > 1. Tuxbrain, the coolest and most credible open hardware shop in Europe [David & Victor]
> I'm blushing,man :P

I do think you should highlight Tuxbrain. Fix parties for example have good
potential to not just fix broken hardware, but also to reflash, cross-sell,
recycle, socialize, etc.
Talk more about Tuxbrain and what you want to do going forward. I'm not
even sure and would like to hear :-) It's definitely part of the bigger
copyleft hardware story.

> Speech #1
> Speach #2
> Speach #3
> Title:Iris, capability of microkernel OS

3 speaches now? Wow. I thought one good one is enough but I don't know
FOSDEM so cannot help. I'm sure Bas will reply but maybe I would re-word
your proposed title to:
"Iris, a new capability-based microkernel"

Anyway, like I said above - if anybody needs something from me, let me know
what I need to do and I'll do it.

Wolfgang