[Kicad] avt2 RC2

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Wed Jan 13 21:55:16 EST 2010

Hi Carlos,

> They are on silkscreen layer, but as modules, If you check:
> Print pads on silkscreen
> Always print pads
> you can see both logos, but with this option you can see a lot of "garbage"
> on this layer, I'll try to modify the .mod file directly
Yes, I know this check. So I only selected checks as [1] for plot
gerber file parameters. I think we can not turn this "Always Print
Pads" on normally. The "garbage" will be the real a lot of "pads" on
Silkscreen.

>> Today I tried to generate AI(automatic insertion file) to let SMT
>> vendor to check if the coordinates are correct. The file was not
>> completed on showing all smd components(on cop & cmp layers) [1].  I
>> created [2] for help. So they should be set "Normal+Insert" attribute
>> during module edit in advance.
>
> Did you fix this?

Yes, I fixed on the PCBnew in an inefficient way to select each module
to set "Normal+Insert". If I used "Module Editor", I can change it and
select "Update module in current board", this will only change current
part not every same parts. So I think we need to use "Export Module"
function to generate *.cmp file then all the same package part can be
changed in one time hopefully. This *.cmp file we never used.
Adam

[1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/KiCad_Gerber_and_Drill_Files