SAKC board

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Jan 16 03:31:35 EST 2010

Bas,

> In fact, if the marketing is done right (and that includes usable
> out-of-the-box software), I think education could be a big market

"usable out-of-the-box software" - point taken.

> if it's not too expensive.

Which price point did you think about? Somehow Carlos and I are crazy
enough that we are trying to hit a 49 USD sales price :-) But this
might be just totally impossible, let's see what the components alone
cost.
Anyway, the design and production idea for this board is towards
low-cost from the very beginning. We see what this means in the
end, if people follow the project and have good cost reduction
ideas, please speak up...

> A huge bonus would be if current sensors could be attached to the
> board (shouldn't be hard).  The current solutions are all very closed

Definitely, please let us know in more detail which current sensors
you have in mind and how you would want to attach them.
In general - Where should we collect feedback for SAKC?
I am proposing two places:

1. The 'Issues' system of our projects server at
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/nn-usb-fpga/issues

2. The 'Discussion' page on the SAKC wiki homepage at
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Talk:USB_FPGA_Nano/

Which one is better? Some other way?
I am probably leaning towards the wiki discussion page, if I hear nothing
back I will just add links to relevant mails to that page.

> I know I'm not the only teacher who thinks that's
> against the spirit of education.

For sure. Which institution do you teach at? Can you point other interested
teachers to this project?
Good to know you are interested, thanks a lot for your feedback :-)
Cheers,
Wolfgang