AVT2 question

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 11:53:41 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 00:08, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

[snip]

/ron k jeffries asked/
>> Are those 800 units AVT2 version hardware?
>
> No. The AVT2 boards are the 'road to Ya NanoNote'. Actually I think we will
> rename them to just 'NanoNote board' soon but we haven't figured out proper
> naming and revisioning yet.
> However, since AVT2 is supposed to be fully compatible with what we are
> currently producing (we call it LB60), the documentation that comes out of
> AVT2 will benefit LB60 as well, for the most part.
////////////
Understood.

Is it correct to think of AVT2 as a super set of LB60?
i.e. the same as EXCEPT:

1. AVT2 design is in kiCAD (Thank you Carlos & company)
2. AVT2 supports USB Host mode (LB60 is client only)
3. AVT2 has 64 MB RAM, LB60 is 32 MB

Assuming it takes some weeks for LB60 model to be retested
and then flow through to end users, is your plan that next run
of Nanonotes past these 800 be built using AVT2 design,
which if my assumptions are correct is a conservative spin
of the first LB60 Nanonote.

Ron K Jeffries