Firmata protocol for Nanonote to SAKC communication

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 14:32:48 EST 2010

An essential tool for the
Swiss Army Knife Card [SAKC]
will be support for the established
Firmata protocol. [1]

[1] http://www.firmata.org/

The functionality of a system with a powerful
microcontroller ~plus~ FPGA such as SAKC
may require that we extend the Firmata protocol.

//comment//
My view of SAKC is it is an interesting morphing
of the concept behind the highly successful Arduino.
The big difference is the FPGA which sits
between the microcontroller and most (but not all)
input/output "ports."

SAKC also supports significantly more i/o lines than Arduino.

The biggest challenge for SAKC is not designing
and building the (very cool!) hardware, it will be
matching or exceeding the successful Arduino
ease of programming with a simple IDE.
---
Ron K. Jeffries
http://blog.eronj.com