AVT2 question

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 21:21:31 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 04:23, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Ron,
>
>> Is it correct to think of AVT2 as a super set of LB60?
>> i.e. the same as EXCEPT:

[snip snip snip]

> Well as Mirko explained we try to be as open-minded and ready for reality
> as possible. Back in June we thought we can ship in September or so :-)
> I have no problem either way. Maybe we make only 1000 or so LB60, then go
> to AVT2. Maybe we make many more. It also depends on how sales are developing,
> how well software progresses, how many real-life problems we run into.
>
> For one we can only switch to AVT2 in mass-production after we also freed
> production testing software. Even with a small change like the 64 MB SDRAM
> chip, or bigger NAND chip, the current proprietary testing software won't
> work anymore. So that's another _BIG_ task.
>
> Personally I think Ben NanoNote will always have the current LB60 board. AVT2
> is the work towards Ya NanoNote. We spent a lot of time last year collecting
> ideas for Ya, all still there at
> http://www.qi-hardware.com/products/ya-nanonote/
> (we will transfer this over into the wiki before retiring the blog for good)

Understood. But the lack of USB host mode is a SIGNIFICANT issue.
I guess you can make the Swiss Army Knife Card [SAKC] work
without Nanonote having host mode, but host mode would make
communication with the external i/o card a lot more flexible.

64 MB of RAM would also be nice, but is not vital.