SAKC board

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:19:58 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:19, Bas Wijnen <wijnen at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:06:58PM -0500, Carlos Camargo wrote:
>> And I want to use SAKC board with Nano for make a device like [1],
>
> While I like such devices technically, and I might actually want to use
> them myself, I don't really want them in the classroom.  I want a very
> clear separation between the computer and the sensor.  A sensor should
> measure exactly one sort of thing (and not, for example, either current
> or voltage depending on a small switch).  It should be obvious to the
> viewer what sort of information is aquired by sticking the sensor into
> the setup.

The SAKC that Carlos has designed supports a wide variety of sensors
and is unusual in the LARGE number general purpose input output pins.

> That's why I prefer to need a NanoNote for the human interface (which is
> what you're saying as well).  It looks like a real computer, so pupils
> will likely treat it as such.

While Nanonote is a good low cost console for SAKC,  any computer
with  USB port can serve, e.g. a cheap netbook for example.

Finally, the BRILLIANT bit about SAKC is it is copyleft hardware.
so you or anyone can take Carlos' design and repurpose it for other
applications.

May a 1,000 flowers bloom.

-- ron k jeffries