AVT2 question

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Jan 16 23:59:18 EST 2010

Jon,

> 64mb of ram also puts us into ability to run android too... :)

I don't think 64 MB is enough for Android. For Cupcake, I remember you
needed about 128 MB to run some 'simple' apps. Better more.
Not sure how this developed with Donut, Eclair, etc. but I doubt Google
will focus much on reducing footprint. Or are they?

Realistically by now I think you would want 256 MB or more for Android.
The original HTC G1 had 192 MB, the Motorola Droid has 256 MB.
I don't think Android should be our target right now for the Ben.

Wolfgang