[U] + POWERON != working usbboot

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sun Jan 17 00:31:38 EST 2010

Kristoffer,
wow that sounded dramatic.

Just fyi we now have binary Debian usbboot packages for both i386 amd amd64 at
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/xburst-tools/downloads/
I hope with the latest usbboot, plus latest u-boot, 'u'+POWERON will work
stable. It does for me.

Another thing we need to get into usbboot are some improvements Lars made
to his usbboot that are not committed yet AFAIK. For example he added
a dump feature that allows full NAND dumping including OOB.
I still experience a boot hang sometime late into the boot process, I believe
it's NAND or UBIFS related (booting from microSD works), but standard usbboot
cannot dump...

Wolfgang