Kernel, Uboot new mailinglist?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon Jan 18 19:42:00 EST 2010

Kristoffer,

> Wouldnt it be a good idea to split up the mailinglist into kernel+uboot and all other stuff in the generic.

I think you are right. There are two philosophies I think: One is that all
existing mailing lists should have a good activity level, the other one is
that a typical spread of lists should exist no matter what, even if the
volume is two mails per year :-)

We have 125 subscribers on this list now, but I agree if we start selling
NanoNotes and lots of newbies are writing, we risk that some of our core
developers will ignore or unsubscribe from this list.
Also I need to find a way to relax the requirement that only subscribers
can post. For a core group that's no problem, but for a larger more casual
group it could be pretty bad.

Anyway I propose the following lists:

*) developer - as is
*) user - questions, feedback, support
*) kernel - kernel + u-boot
*) documentation - discussions how to improve documentation
*) hardware - electrical, RF, mechanical, production

What do you think?
Wolfgang