Images fails on my Nano

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:25:04 EST 2010

Hi

I'm using two old devices (the Chinese dictionary), when I try to upload the
new images nothing happen :(

Today I download and install the xburst tools, and when I run the installer
script:

using a 2GB script:

sudo ./reflash_ben.sh

chosed version:   latest

working dir:      /tmp/NanoNote/latest

chosed method:    http

===

booting device...

present files are identical to the ones on the server - do not download them
again
erase nand rootfs partition...

usbboot - Ingenic XBurst USB Boot Utility

(c) 2009 Ingenic Semiconductor Inc., Qi Hardware Inc., Xiangfu Liu, Marek
Lindner
This program is Free Software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

Now checking whether all configure args valid: YES
Current device information:
CPU type is Ingenic XBurst Jz4740
Crystal work at 12MHz, the CCLK up to 252MHz and PMH_CLK up to 84MHz
SDRAM Total size is 32 MB, work in 4 bank and 16 bit mode
Nand page per block 128, Nand page size 4096, ECC offset in OOB 12, bad
block offset in OOB 0, bad block page 127, use 1 plane mode
 Execute command: boot
 CPU data: Boot4740
 Already booted.
 Execute command: nerase 16 1008 0 0
 CPU data: Boot4740
 Erasing No.0 device No.0 flash (start_blk 16 blk_num 1008)......
 Finish! Return: 00 0e 00 00 00 00 01 00 (position 28)
 There are marked bad blocks: -996
flashing bootloader...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
flashing kernel...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
flashing rootfs...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
done

Using the original script:

[...]

 Finish! Return: d5 42 49 23 00 00 01 00 (position 4625029)
 There are marked bad blocks: 4624005
flashing bootloader...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
flashing kernel...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
flashing rootfs...
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:8
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
Error - can't read bulk data from Ingenic device:0
done

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
Profesor Asistente
Universidad Nacional de Colombia