Power managment

ZhangJieJing kzjeef at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 03:18:43 EST 2010

about spped-step the CPU,

I noticed jz had implement the CPU_FREQ, but openwrt default config not open
them.

I think some one can test the power consumption with open these configs.

If you want to test it, add these lines to the config-2.6.32

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE is not set

change the cpufreq is like this,

# echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

# echo powersave > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
can get current cpufreq policy/governor

---
Best regards,
Zhang Jiejing