Nanonote degrees of freedom

cristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Sun Jan 24 08:22:49 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 07:04:56AM -0500, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> Ron,
>
> > caused me to wonder how does Nanonote compare
> > with the Lemote Yelong [2] netbook in terms of using
> > only free and open software?
>
> I don't know the details of how Lemote Yelong boots but I'd say if rms
> uses it it's all free software.
> The NanoNote is exactly the same. The CPU boots from NAND (or USB) and from
> the first instruction on it's all free software.

Yes, so far i just pending to free the EC modules firmware also you can read more here [1],
but sure are more things pending wich no body cares about it yet.

But sadly the desings are under nondisclosure agreements the last
time i knew.

There is support from lemote to support Free Sofware all the time. and thats is good.

So NN is really  a good start for copyleft hardware i think.

Paul

[1] http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Hardware/Freest#Lemote