Nanonote degrees of freedom

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Sun Jan 24 09:16:41 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Bas Wijnen <wijnen at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 08:54:12AM -0500, Daniel Clark wrote:
>> > But in an ultra-pure world, where does one
>> > draw a bright line between completely open and libre,
>> > and almost completely open, but with shades of grey?
>>
>> This is a hard question; rms / fsf should be coming out with a nuanced
>> and well-reasoned statement on that, with examples, sometime later
>> this year.
>
> I am very interested to hear this.  When it happens, I suppose you know
> this before I do.  Would you please send a link to this list when the
> statement is out?

(cc:ing Brett as he may be keeping a list of people interested in
hearing about that announcement when it happens.)

I will try to remember to do that, however your best bet is probably
to put FSF news and blogs in your RSS reader of choice:

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/RSS
http://static.fsf.org/fsforg/rss/news.xml

If anyone has specific edge case questions and would like to know the
official FSF position, you can always try emailing licensing at gnu.org
(don't cc: it in a message to a bunch of other people, as it is an RT
ticket tracking queue).

Cheers,
--
Daniel JB Clark | http://pobox.com/~dclark