SAKC BOARD

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Mon Jan 25 04:37:05 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 05:48:24PM -0500, Carlos Camargo wrote:
> Right now I'm finishing a development board (using ORCAD) based on
> ingenic 4725 chip, this board use one spartan 3 FPGA, up to 64 MB
> SDRAM, 2GB NAND, micro SD LCD connector (the same LCD used in
> NanoNote) 8 channels Analog to Digital converter, 20 digital IOs (FPGA
> pins), usb device connector.

If you're adding a display (or is it only the connector?) and a
processor, does the NanoNote add value to this board?  I mean, if the
board is meant to add analogue (and digital?) ports to the NanoNote,
that's fine.  But if the board has all the features of the NanoNote
built-in, it becomes something to replace the NanoNote.  That need not
be a bad thing, of course. ;-)

So my question is: what features of the NanoNote does it not have?

Too bad the Jz4725 doesn't have USB host support...

> I think that this board will be more convenient for us, we can use the
> same development enviroment and we can re-use the existing software.

Yes, that's certainly useful.

Thanks,
Bas