MicroSD and suspend mode.

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 10:05:03 EST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:58:31 -0500
Richard Chávez <rjchavezb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kristoffer,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Actually the two minutes are not really two minutes, it could be less
> but I have noticed that if I resume the nano a few seconds after
> suspend it, it will likely return but if I let  it in suspend mode a
> longer time it won't. It is not affected by the white screen, I mean,
> it happens almost every time.

If the screen goes white it shouldnt really be in suspended mode.
Reason why you can get it going if you resume it quickly is most likely
because that causes it to abort the entire suspend. Otherwise it gets
stuck in limbo land (some drivers suspended, some active). If you got serial
output on it you could check that by issuing suspend and if the screen goes white
see if you can access it through serial.

> About the screen, how can I force it to go blank before suspending the nano?

Without looking at the code its hard to say how the suspend is setup.
Usually people link the drivers into a bus-like system to ensure that
stuff go into suspend in a certain order (and therefore always makes it into suspend).

The entire issue sounds more like larsc should do some checks to see what
driver causes the "failed suspend". You really need serial debugging to get anything
out of it.

Best wishes
Kristoffer

--