3D Scanning

James "Xakh" Lynch superstuff7 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 14:53:14 EDT 2010

Well, I typically use blender, so things like .obj, .3ds, or .blend would be
nice.

On Jul 4, 2010 1:56 PM, "Daniel Clark" <dclark at pobox.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>
wrote:
> James,
>
>> Yes. I'm...
So I'm getting a quote [1], need a few pieces of information:

1. What software will people be using to work with the results of any scans?

2. Desired format (mesh/STL, NURBS surfaces, reverse engineered)?

3. What are the file name extensions associated with those formats?

4. Accuracy required (eg how many significant digits)?

5. What is your end goal for the scan model?

(For 5, perhaps just "We have intellectual property rights to our
current case, but no 3D model. We need a 3D model to help to design
the next generation of case.")

Also, anyone have a broken Ben Nanonote or two they'd like to donate
to the cause? If so email me off-list.

[1] http://www.3dscanservices.com/quote.aspx

--
\|/ Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner