proposal: how to the unify the user interface

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net
Mon Jul 5 06:34:11 EDT 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 12:19:52 Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> And of course you know that all this shiny applications are only available
> to you when _not_ building the FOSS variant of Android, right?
>
> You need the market app to access them and this one is not free software
> and not available to and vendor if they don't sign contracts with Google.

No. Ah, I had the feeling there sure was a downside :(

Nonetheless, it's still a shame that it takes a significant development and
marketing effort from a multinational company for the Linux people to realize
that users prefer speed, functionality and eyecandy over network pseudo-
transparency* and ICCCM-related pedantry.

Sébastien

* ever tried to use X11 over a DSL line, and then RDP to compare?