proposal: how to the unify the user interface

mark adrian bell m487396 at rocketmail.com
Mon Jul 5 07:32:23 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

Am I right in thinking that if we had PyGTK, WxPython and/or PyQT, we could run programs written using these plus Python, without needing X? That would give us access to quite a few applications. For example:

Getting Things Gnome (PyGTK)
http://gtg.fritalk.com/pages/screenshots

This RPN calculator (PyQT)
http://rpcalc.bellz.org/scrnsht.html

Task Coach (WxPython)
http://www.taskcoach.org/screenshots.html

The problem would then be to find applications that could be adapted to the NanoNote's small screen and to use the keyboard rather than a mouse. It might turn out to be easier to port applications that have been specifically written for phones and PDAs. Surely there are some open-source Android or Maemo programs that could be ported (by someone more skilled than me!)

- mark