proposal: how to the unify the user interface

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Mon Jul 5 10:45:40 EDT 2010

Hey Rafael,

you're right - that it seems not being the best idea implementing such
stuff in the applications itself.
However I don't see any other way.

Your proposal seems like a wrapper about applications, captching
user-input, etc. to me.

This is not (always) possible, as most applications grab such resources
themselves (keyboard, etc.) when running directly on the framebuffer.

DirectFB is an abstraction where such anapproach could be possible,
however either applications does not work well with DirectFB (e.g.
SDL-based ones) or they claim all such resources anyway (qt4).

An agreement could be a lib which all such apps are linked against, to
have one resource where such things are defined.

mirko