HopeRF - some related material

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jul 6 22:55:03 EDT 2010

I searched around a little more for information related to the
Silabs EZRadioPRO chips used in the HopeRF modules, and came
across the Si4420/4421. This predecessor (EZRadio) is less
sophisticated than the EZRadioPRO family and also comes only
in a larger package.

There are two things I found noteworthy about it:

1) The Silabs Si4421 [1] and the Microchip MRF49XA [2] appear
   to be identical.

2) Linked from that chip's page, there are two Application Notes
   that discuss various antenna designs in quite some detail:
   [3], [4].

[1] https://www.silabs.com/products/wireless/EZRadio/Pages/Si442021.aspx
[2] http://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?dDocName=en541404
[3] http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/AN421.pdf